Milk is a product that transcends all geographical boundaries and is loved worldwide. It is a versatile beverage that can be converted to make various products like ghee, butter, cheese, buttermilk, lassi, ice cream, kefir, yogurt, and so on. It also stars as a beloved ingredient in shakes, teas, coffees, sweets, cakes, milk cookies, and much more. Cow's milk contains 87% water, while the remaining 13% contains protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals. Milk is also a source of Calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and phosphorous, with vitamins A and D often added during processing.
The dairy industry is experiencing a wave of innovation and creativity in today's times, driving its market growth. In 2021, the global dairy industry was valued at 871 Billion U.S. dollars, projected to grow to 1,128 billion dollars by 2026. It is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.35% from 2023-2028. Back home in India, the dairy market in India is flourishing too. It is expected to grow from 124.93 Billion in 2023 to 227.53 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 8.94% during this period.
Beverages are drinks other than water, such as tea, coffee, beer, or milk. They may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic. An important part of social gatherings, beverages are enjoyed in solitude too. They refresh the mind and provide some respite from the hectic schedules of day-to-day life when had during work breaks. The interest of consumers in natural flavors and sweeteners due to health concerns and demand for exotic drinks is impacting the industry directly. In 2021, the global beverage market Size was estimated at USD 1502711.17 Million and is expected to reach USD 1694877.67 million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 1.73% during the forecast period.
Seminar by Indian Dairy Association (IDA) West Zone
On June 7, concurrent to Inter FoodTech, the IDA (West Zone) is organizing a seminar with the theme, "Sustainability through technology and innovations for the Indian Dairy Industry" to engage with professionals from dairy plants, progressive dairy farmers, researchers, consultants, dairy processing equipment, and ingredient manufacturers to deliberate on current technological requirements of the Indian dairy industry. This initiative is taken to take steps towards sustainable growth of the Indian dairy industry.
Companies eager to traverse the Inter FoodTech lanes
Inter FoodTech, Snack & BakeTec, and Pac MechEx along with well-curated supporting programs like conferences, panel discussions, and live demonstrations, will be an ideal platform for suppliers of food and beverage processing technologies and packaging material and technology to network and explore new business opportunities. A larger number of dairy and beverage manufacturers will make their presence felt at the event.
GOMA Process Technologies will display a variety of turnkey solutions and equipment for dairy, ice cream, yogurt, Ready to Serve (RTS) fruit juice, tomato ketchup, coconut milk, and coconut water processing. Also offered will be homogenizers, pasteurizers, UHT aseptic sterilizers, tanks, cup filling and sealing machines (rotary & linear), centrifugal pumps, continuous freezers, crate washers, evaporators, and storage tanks/silos.
Fillpack Technology will bring its wide spectrum of products, including machines like the milk and milk product processing plant, filling line for all types of liquid products, curd cup packing machines, paneer equipment, ice cream equipment, cold room, hygienic stations, tanks, CIP (Clean in Place) and more. The company offers multi-disciplinary engineering design and description services exploiting intelligent and state-of-the-art technology applications.
GsPak, which consists of Shandong Bihai Machinery Technology and Shandong Bihai Packaging Materials, will display its aseptic brick, pillow, triangle, and various shape types of filling machines of various sizes for liquid packaging like milk, juice, and alcoholic beverages.
Repute will showcase its compact skid-mounted, automatic, and semi-automatic processing systems for processing milk products like curd, paneer, yogurt, butter milk, ghee, flavored milk, ice cream, UHT milk, and many more. The company is an established name in the dairy, beverage, and food industry, providing end-to-end solutions for processing milk and milk products, beverages, fruit pulp and concentrates, and prepared foods.
Mukhtar Pathan, director-Sales, VA Exhibitions, the organizers of Snack & BakeTec, Inter FoodTech & Pac MechEx, said, "The 2nd edition of our trade fairs is scheduled to be organized during June 07 – 09, 2023 in Mumbai. Over 300 Indian and international exhibitors will showcase the latest technological developments addressing the processing and packaging demands of the food processing industry. We extend our warm welcome to all the stakeholders of the food, beverage, snack, bakery, and confectionery industry to make the most of this wonderful platform."